201 Advanced Composition. 3 hrs.
An advanced composition course centered on critical reading, writing, and research skills for the disciplines. (PR: ENG 101 with a grade of C or better)
Visit http://www.marshall.edu/assessment/resources/assessmentresources.aspx for more information about Marshall’s syllabus templates.
201H English Composition Honors. 3 hrs.
An accelerated course in English composition. Completion of 201H with a grade of C or better satisfies the University requirement in composition. Students completing the course with a grade of C or better are awarded three additional hours of credit toward graduation. (PR: ACT Verbal 28-33 [SAT 640])
SAMPLE SYLLABI for ENG 201
1. ENG 201_Arts in Culture
2. ENG 201 Business and Consumer Culture
3. ENG 201 Community and Identity
4. ENG 201_Education and Literacy
5. ENG 201_Health, Mind, and Body (formerly Health and Ethics)
6. ENG 201_Pop Culture and Mass Media
7. ENG 201 Science, Environment, and Technology